cybersecurity to the healthcare sector. needs to be a priority for your business. This is true regardless of the level of in your organization or the size of your IT department. are becoming more common as time goes on, because is improving and expanding. Global access to the Internet also puts everything your business has to offer at risk. A person’s health can involve some of the most private and sensitive information. This means that your patients, employees, and organization are at risk whenever there is a breach or a
The most serious healthcare risk is the leak of a patient’s personal information. While no one wants this to happen, the implications of correcting it are equally challenging. A strong presence and operating system can be simple, effective, and within your reach.
Challenges and Regulations Regarding Cybersecurity
Before we go any further, it is important that you understand why your healthcare company needs a strong . Healthcare is increasingly tech-dominated in the United States, and many organizations have transitioned to electronic systems to store, manage, and exchange patient information. The American presence is no stranger to legal and regulatory challenges, so adding IT and can make that even more daunting. However, being vulnerable to cyberattacks and patient data breaches should scare you more. Investing in healthcare can prevent all of these problems. For organizations that still rely on paper records rather than electronic records, understanding how to protect any technical information can also help in the transition to more electronically focused systems.
On top of increasing use, the COVID-19 pandemic has changed the American by making providers and patients rely on technological access to the system for almost all care. From telehealth appointments to virtual records and patient portals, life is so much easier when some people do not have to physically transport themselves somewhere for a doctor’s visit or a medical document. So, even if your company is not focused on , you probably were impacted in some way because of the pandemic to accommodate the virus’ spread and seeing patients. No matter how we choose to store information and communicate with clients, these changes are here to stay.
Different Types of Cybersecurity Attacks
It is also important to be aware of the types of cyberattacks your company may be prone to, just in case you don’t know what could happen to your online information:
- System intrusions or interference
- Information leaks
- Spam emails or calls pretending to be your company
- Financial discrepancies
- Medical errors
Benefits of Investing in Healthcare Cybersecurity
Fortunately, there is a workable solution that can safeguard your business and important . Now let’s focus on why investing in healthcare will be good for your business:
By investing in a service, you ease the workload for your own team and enable them to concentrate on other important matters. This ensures that your business is both productive and .
Different Ways That Cybersecurity Can Help Your Organization
- Investing in is projected to increase, so being at the forefront of this and support will put you ahead of competitors. In fact, “Between 2020 and 2025, cybersecurity spending by healthcare providers and payors is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.1% from $4.59bn to $6.77bn. In the same period, cybersecurity spending by pharma will grow at a slightly lower rate, 7.4%, from $2.1bn to $3bn. Medical device spending will grow at a rate of 7.3% from $869m to $1.2bn.” It is important that you start your business with an effective .
- Healthcare is not specific to one type of organization. Along with medical providers and , there are a variety of healthcare businesses, including insurance, pharmaceutical, , and biotechnology companies, that can all benefit from investing in .
- encompasses general protections and also protects against ransomware, , access, and more. Thus, you get the entire package for complete protection!
- You receive expert and efficient results. If something were to happen as a or risk, it would be immediately detected and resolved. If you rely on a team member with other responsibilities to monitor for risks, it may not be caught or dealt with in time, and the consequences could be dire.
- By making an investment in services, you can also be sure that your business is complying with all state and federal regulations. is a big one, and you do not want to experience an attack that puts your company in violation of someone’s rights.
- also prevents medical errors in the system from existing due to or . You don’t have to worry about your system being a target or or unsafe.
- Improved ! An investment in is a commitment to your company’s future and the well-being of your patients, showing you care about their information and .
- An initial investment saves you money in the long run. Paying for and damage is way more costly than you think.
Emeritus is Your Cybersecurity Solution
The use of is an effective and efficient process for and healthcare facilities. No matter where you are in your process or level of , Emeritus has experts ready to assist you and your healthcare organization. Learn more about the solutions we offer including clinical engineering and IT management to start focusing on other factors of your business. We prioritize your needs and ensure everything is done timely and accurately. Therefore, when you invest in us, you also invest in trust and loyalty.
Contact us today to start protecting your organization.