Outsourcing IT services is no longer considered a trend. Since the Coronavirus pandemic, outsourcing IT has been an affordable and streamlined solution for businesses across all sectors to operate and grow. Moreover, this number is expected to increase in the near future. The global IT outsourcing market size was estimated at $261.9 billion in 2022 and is expected to hit $405.6 billion by 2027, and that growth is forecast for companies of all sizes and across all industries.
However, determining whether your unique business will see the benefits means you need to weigh the benefits of IT outsourcing. Our expert team at Emeritus is always available to answer questions and identify the right and customized IT outsourcing solution for your organization. But before you dive into the details, exploring the advantages, (and possible disadvantages) of outsourcing your IT needs is helpful.
Why are Companies Choosing to Outsource IT Services?
There are many reasons why companies in virtually every sector are turning to outsourcing as an IT solution.
Demand and Accessibility
One of the primary reasons is a global shortage of IT professionals who can keep up with the growth in IT demands. According to Staffing Partner, in 2022, 75% of recruiters reported being unable to find sufficiently qualified candidates when it came to in-house IT personnel. Outsourcing IT services means you have top-notch talent on hand without going through a potentially lengthy and unsuccessful hiring process.
The country and the world are shifting to a remote work environment where every device is connected to a business. From the work emails and messages, you check on your mobile phone to the at-home office where you spend at least a portion of your time, business is no longer being conducted in a single, brick-and-mortar location.
Because of this, having an in-house IT team may be insufficient to address all these ever-changing and varied IT requirements. Instead, it’s more effective to have an experienced team adept in all software, systems, and technical support to address these distinctive and widely varying issues as they arise.
Outsourcing IT services can result in significant savings across the board. Additionally, outsourcing IT support (in Dallas and miles beyond) means you don’t have to have a team of IT specialists on your regular payroll for the long-term.
As our connections to technology and multiple devices increase, so does our need for enhanced and better cybersecurity. Many industries are victims of all varieties of cyberattacks (especially the medical and healthcare industries). These industries need 24/7 monitoring and support to identify issues before they become a company-wide catastrophe that shuts down operations.
This is where an outsourcing IT service provider can shine. Many IT service providers offer constant and 24/7 monitoring of your network, systems, and devices. They also provide regular updates and upgrades to ensure that every device within your company’s umbrella is safe and secure from potential cyberattacks.
Allows Your Business to Have More Time to Focus on Growth
Small businesses that want to grow their operations and connect with new clients or customers need expertise and resources to expand their company, and this starts with exceptional IT support. An outsourced IT service provider can handle the IT needs that your company has and can adapt in the months and years ahead as your business booms and reaches new levels of success.
How to Choose the Right IT Outsourcing Partner
When it comes to choosing an IT outsourcing partner, don’t just rely on a simple Google search for “Outsourcing IT providers near me.” Instead, consider the following qualifications and questions you’ll need to ask to determine if a future partnership with an outsourced IT services provider is right for you.
- Ensure your business’ requirements and goals can be met. Whether you work at a huge corporation or a small at-home office, your IT services provider should be able to accommodate each of your unique needs. Additionally, they should offer IT outsourcing solutions for your business’s unique trouble spots and pain points.
- Make sure your IT services provider can work within your budget. An exceptional IT services provider will work within your IT budget to provide the varying services your company requires without unnecessary costs or unclear fee expectations.
- Ask about customization and flexibility. The best outsourced IT service providers won’t offer a one-size-fits-all package for your IT needs. Instead, they will work with you one-on-one to identify what your company requires in terms of technical support, system and software maintenance or upgrades, and cybersecurity. Furthermore, IT service providers will make tailored recommendations based on your distinctive business operations.
- Ensure there is plenty of support now and in the long term. Your IT services provider won’t just help you set up a new network or cybersecurity measures now – they will be available 24/7 in the long run to address any questions you require. They will also take the initiative when it comes to best practices, upgrades, and cybersecurity, so you can focus on the business of doing business.
- Make sure your IT services provider can do it all. From website and user support to hardware repair and upgrades, you want to ensure that your outsourced IT partner can tackle every aspect of IT management services. Ask for details on what your preferred partner provides, and ensure that every box is checked for complete support.
Partner with Emeritus for the Best Outsourcing IT Services
At Emeritus, we have helped clients across all industries with all their IT needs, including the healthcare industry, which has one of the most complicated and demanding IT service requirements across all sectors.
We’re adept at providing managed IT services that perfectly fit your unique operations, budget, and future ambitions. Our expert IT support team can help you run smoothly now while allowing your company ample room to grow.
Let’s discuss more about the IT requirements your business needs to function now and in the future. With an experienced and top-rated IT outsourcing partner like Emeritus, you can explore new opportunities, regardless of where and how you work.